10 Quick Actions To Apply Right Now For Massive Blogging Success
One needs to do a lot of research before starting something new and it has to be well thought out. Blogging is also quite similar. The experienced bloggers share their experiences which help the newer ones to streamline all that they are doing. So if you are thinking of starting a successful blog it can be very difficult because today we have so many options and choices when it comes to hosting, marketing and writing content.
10 quick actions for the success of a blog are:
- Start building email list – you can create a huge list of return visitors through email list. If you have a list, you rely lesser on external sources of traffic which may be inaccurate and expensive. So its no use spending huge amount of dollars each month to drive traffic to your blog when you can have people returning for free. With a growing email list you increase the chances of someone buying a product or sharing your content each time they come back to your blog. Setting up a list is easy and they provide an complete solution to all your problems once you sign-up.
- Write down post ideas – it is difficult to come up with unique ideas always thus, it is important to jot down new ideas and fresh ones when you are walking by the garden or the side walk etc. keep a journal or a notepad with you always to note down ideas so that your visitors can have fresh content every time. So, if you don’t write them down you may forget them and that will be the end of a great and unique idea.
- Add social buttons – social media generates huge traffic today, so encourage the visitors to your page to share good content by adding the buttons to do it. Having social buttons on your blog gives you visitors who can create a great buzz and engagement for your content. If you are using blogging platforms add social media buttons by installing a plug-in which gives you access to all the major social networks like Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Network with bloggers – while blogging you can either compete with your competitors on the same topic or you can network with them to build up your blog. You can also write content for them and have them promote it. By doing guest blogging or networking with influential bloggers you can drive huge traffic to your blog.
- Learn SEO basics – the organic traffic can be vital to a blogs success because it’s free targeted traffic and can help in conversion easily. However, if you don’t know the fundamentals of SEO then hiring someone can get very expensive. So, take some time and know the basics so you can apply it to your blog and create pages and publish content.
- Regular posting schedule – posting on regular intervals and maintaining a schedule is important for growing your blog and getting loyalty from your readers. Keep it simple and this will allow you to publish high quality content. Post 3-4 times per month and plan ahead so you’ll know what to expect when you sit down to write.
- Implement guest blogging – guest blogging is very powerful and can help to get traffic instantly. You can start by building a list of high authority relevant blogs within your niche and speak to them about guest blogging opportunities.
- Influential interviews – It’s a popular trend today to interview influential people which can be important to build popularity and grow traffic. By interviewing influential people from your niche you can generate curiosity for your blog and get traffic.
- New post types – by creating new post types one can keep more readers engaged and can increase traffic overtime. For this you can add images, use infographics, use product reviews etc.
- Do case studies – Case studies are probably the best piece of content and are proof that if something works and if followed by people they can achieve the same results. With case studies you start with a mission and perform a series of steps keeping record of your progress.