10 Ways To Travel Better During Business Trips
Most people go to the airport to hop onto a plane and go on a vacation but there are a few who are on business call and travelling from one place to another for the same. The list of priorities for these two categories of people will be different. But, for those who are in online business, they fall somewhere in between these two categories. Location freedom is the biggest advantage for online workers, and it helps them to mix business with pleasure easily. In other words a vacation can also be sometimes written off as a business trip. So, here are some tips which help to travel better during business trips:
- Fly like a boss – not all of us can afford the business class during a flight, but if you can afford it then it is worth the expense. You can get extra legroom to relax, better services and many other amenities. You can also ask for little upgrades like whether they have a discounted upgrade to the business class from economy class.
- Take advantage of airport lounges – it is a wrong notion to think that airport lounges are accessible only to business class or first class ticket holders. You can look into a service called LoungeBuddy and pay for accessing the lounge on as needed basis. You can rest in comfort here and get your work done while waiting for the flight.
- Be attentive about your electronic needs – While traveling around you may find different power outlets and voltage levels in different places. So, pack the corresponding adapters or converters efficiently so that when you charge your laptop, smartphones and other portable electronics no damage is caused to them due to voltage fluctuations.
- Compartmentalize your belongings – most people just put everything together into the suitcase and when they want to look for even the smallest of things they scour through the whole thing and upset all things. Thus, it is sensible to pack your things in little packing cells so that you know where you have kept your socks or your charger etc.
- Fold your shirts onto themselves- the usual way of packing shirts is to fold them neatly and place them one over the other but during the journey they will shift anyway and get wrinkled up. So, prioritize the shirts you’d like to be the least wrinkled on the outermost layer with t-shirts toward the center.
- Keep a spare credit card – one of the worst nightmares is that you are in a foreign country and you lose your wallet along with your cards or your card gets blocked. Thus it is safe to always carry a spare or secondary credit card for emergency purposes away from the wallet.
- Keep a travel router – there are times when hotel rooms may have bad wifi reception or they may be chargeable. So, it is sensible to carry a travel router, plug it into a cabled connection and set up your own network anywhere.
- Live locally and in the cloud – you may not always have internet connection so it would be good to keep a local copy of all your important documents and files on your laptop but also keep a backup in the cloud based storage in case something happens to your laptop.
- Keep your visa ready always – sometimes depending on your citizenship, where you live, and where you’re going, you may require different visas. Many visas can be supplied on the spot but others require to be applied earlier as they take time.
- Have fun – the online services life provide you the freedom to travel and work so use it and have fun and work. Pack light and smart and have fun.